VATS Committee Meetings 2005

Minutes of Committee Meeting held at BCC on 8th February 2005

Present

Dave Moss - Chairman
Deanne Dovey - Tasting Co-ordinator
Hilary Millward - Secretary
Rob Shaw - Treasurer
The welcome notice as suggested by Dave was agreed. Dave will have it laminated and it will be displayed next
to the treasurer.
ACTION: DAVE
Alternative venues to the Fish Diner still need to be explored. Ciro's was good but possibly not a weekly venue.
ACTION: ALL
Hilary cannot download Kevin's info. Rob will do this. Rob has sorted out the membership file.
ACTION: ROB
Dave will pursue the question of the contract for venue hire at BCC and involve Hilary and Rob when appropriate.
ACTION: DAVE/HILARY/ROB
Rob reported that at the handover tasting all the money balanced to the last cent.
Mike Burke's business wine.com to be investigated for ordering of wine. Dave to ask Mike for a proposal.
ACTION: DAVE
The next outdoor function was discussed. Suggested dates were 10th or 17th April. Suggested theme Mexican.
Costing R20 members; R40 non-members. Dave will investigate The Cuckoo's Nest as a possible venue.
ACTION: DAVE
It was agreed to keep tasting fees the same for the year. Rob will monitor finances and spending throughout the year.
ACTION: ROB
All tasting suggestions to be given to Deanne.
ACTION: ALL
Glasses for sale to be co-ordinated by Deanne and Hilary.
ACTION: DEANNE/HILARY

Next Committee Meeting due May 2005